Higher or lower pension

Do you want more financial flexibility in the first years after retirement? If so, you can opt to temporarily receive a higher old-age pension. You can only choose to do this once, which is when you retire.

How do you arrange this?
If you're retiring at the statutory retirement age (AOW age) or when you turn 68, we will send you an application form 6 months before that date. Indicate your preference and send us the form no later than 3 months before your pension commencement date. This will give us enough time to arrange everything in time so you receive your pension on the pension commencement date.

What else do you have to know?

  • The higher benefit will be paid up until to your statutory retirement age, or
  • You will receive a higher benefit up to 5 or 10 years after you have retired. After that you will receive a lower pension.
  • The lower benefit payment must be at least 75% of the higher payment.